Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Top 10 Cookbooks I Live By

As I have mentioned many times throughout my blog, baking is a science that requires precise measurements and really doesn't leave too much room for improvisation. It is because of this reason that recipes were invented. When it comes to recipes I almost always refer to the stack of cookbooks I have sitting on a self in my kitchen. There are 10 cookbooks in particular that I visit quite frequently. I strongly believe these books are essential to every household's kitchen. Here is a list of my top ten all time favorite cookbooks and if you click on the titles it will take you to where you can get them too.

1) The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified

This book is great for people who don't know how to cook or bake very well. I like this book because although I am pretty good at baking, I need a little help with cooking. But I think this will be very useful for you because it has great baking and great cooking recipes.

2) Baking with the Cake Boss

With this book you can learn to bake and decorate from the great Buddy Valastro, star of the TLC hit series Cake Boss.

3) Perfect Pies: The Best Sweet and Savory Recipes from America's Pie-Baking Champion

This book is great when trying to bake a pie. The recipes are absolutely delicious and there are some interesting pie recipes that you might not have ever heard of.

4) KitchenAid Recipe Collection

This book features more than 400 recipes from one of the most trusted names in cooking. It also includes great baking tips and takes you through how to create delicious food.

5) Baking with Julia 

This book includes recipes written by the beloved Julia Child. It allows her true spirit to live on with remarkable baking recipes. But what this book really does is continue to show Julia's love of teaching. 

6) Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook

No kitchen is complete with out at least one cookbook by the famous Martha Stewart. This book has delicious recipes as well as baking tips that are sure to help you become the baker you want to be.

7) Great Cookies: Secrets to Sensational Sweets

This book is full of fun and creative cookie ideas. Every cookie you could ever imagine you will find in this book.

8) The Bread Bible

The Bread Bible is full of great bread recipes and it also shows you the science behind bread baking. So if you love bread as much as I do, I highly recommend this book.  

9) Baked: New Frontiers in Baking

This cookbook is great if you are interested in the latest baking fades. It also features shortcuts that can make difficult baking tasks easier.

10) Betty Crocker's Big Red Cookbook

This is my all time favorite cookbook of all time. Whenever I'm looking for something to make this is the first place I look. I have not come across a recipe in this book that I thought was not delicious. If after reading this list you decide you can only buy one of these books, this is the book you should buy. It has over 1500 recipes for baking and cooking. The Big Red Cookbook is the one that my mom used and that I grew up with. They have come out with new editions and every one just gets better and better.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment