Sunday, October 6, 2013

Frightening Dessert Ideas For Halloween

Well all know Halloween is approaching, and with that comes the mass of Halloween parties. I'll share a few of my favorite Halloween desserts and decorating tips to make your desserts boo-tiful and the talk of the party.

A great Halloween cookie that I love to make are Cobweb cookies. I actually found them on the Betty Crocker website and made them last year at a Halloween party I hosted. The were a big hit among the guests.

I followed the recipe, but I added my own little decoration to them. I used some black decorating gel and made little spiders on the cookies to add an extra Halloween effect.

For the recipe visit http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cobweb-cookies/6bfa619a-4763-4c47-b04f-f5aeee476319


Another dessert I like to make are skeleton cupcakes. These cupcakes are very easy to make and look pretty ghoulish.


All you need:
  • Batch of chocolate cupcakes
  • White frosting
  • 2 toothpicks
  • Tube of black decorator's icing

How to make them:
  1. Frost the cupcakes.
  2. For each cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to lightly etch the outline of two large eyes in the frosting.
  3. Slowly pipe black decorator's icing onto the etched lines and then fill in the inner circles. Use another toothpick to spread and smooth the icing.
  4. Pipe on two short lines for a nose. Next, pipe a long line across the bottom of the cupcake for the mouth. For the finishing spooky touch, randomly top the mouth with a bunch of short icing barbs.
A great recipe for chocolate cupcakes can be found on this blog
For white frosting use the recipe found on this blog.

Pumpkin is my favorite flavor of the fall and of course, no Halloween party is complete without something pumpkin! My all-time favorite Halloween recipe is Pumpkin Ice-Cream Pie.





For this recipe visit the Spoonful blog at http://spoonful.com/recipes/pumpkin-ice-cream-pie


HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment